What are the benefits?
Anxiety and Stress
Children with ADHD, ASN or SEN can find it challenging to cope with the amount information coming into their brain, this can lead to a sense of overwhelm and anxiety, this can activate their stress response (fight/flight/freeze). When children are in this stressed state, it can make it difficult for their brains to learn and absorb information.
A moving meditation e.g, walking, running or skipping helps;
- Develop a sense of balance and core strength
- Improving their ability to feel safe, connected and balanced
- More able to cope with changes
Improved Focus and Concentration
Children feel anxious and stressed for a variety of different reasons. Meditation and mindfulness helps bring an awareness to their feelings, in order to process and release them in a more mindful way, preventing them from building up inside.
A reduction in stress levels helps;
- An improvement in focus and concentration
- Aids learning
- Develops emotional intelligence and resilience – a great life skill to help cope with life's challenges
Developing a regular Meditation and Mindfulness practice helps to retrain the mind and body back into an Alpha state, this encourages;
- Children to unwind before going bed
- A longer and improved sleep for both you and your child
- The mind and body to heal, recharge and restore
Self-esteem means feeling good about yourself.
Children with low self-esteem may feel bad about themselves or think they are not good enough.
When children practice mindful meditation they become aware that they have a choice in how they respond on the inside, to whatever happens on the outside. This awareness of choices and responses helps build their sense of self-esteem to;
- Be proud of what they do
- Believe in themselves
- Feel accepted for who they are
We provide bespoke meditation and mindfulness activities for children and young people within a class, group setting and 1-1 sessions