We provide bespoke meditation and mindfulness activities for children and young people within a variety of settings;
- School or Nursery class
- Children/youth groups
- 1-1 sessions
What are the benefits?
Children with ADHD, ASN or SEN can find it extremely challenging to cope with the amount of information coming into their brain, leading to a sense of overwhelm and anxiety, which in turn can activate their stress response (fight/flight/freeze). When children are in this stressed state, it can make it difficult for their brains to learn and absorb information.
Balancing their energy
A moving meditation e.g. walking, running or skipping helps;
- Develop a sense of balance and core strength
- Improving their ability to feel safe and connected to the ground
- More able to cope with changes in their daily life
Improved Focus and Concentration
Children feel anxious and stressed for a variety of different reasons. Meditation and mindfulness helps bring an awareness to their feelings, in order to process and release them in a more mindful way, preventing them from building up inside.
A reduction in stress levels helps;
- An improvement in focus and concentration
- Aids learning
- Develops emotional intelligence and resilience – a great life skill to help cope with life's challenges
Developing a regular Meditation and Mindfulness practice helps to retrain the mind and body back into an Alpha state, this encourages;
- Children to unwind before going bed
- A longer and improved sleep for both you and your child
- The mind and body to heal, rest and restore
Self-esteem means feeling good about yourself.
Children with low self-esteem may feel bad about themselves or think they are not good enough. When children practice mindful meditation they become aware that they have a choice in how they respond on the inside, to whatever happens on the outside. This awareness of choices and responses helps build their sense of self-esteem to;
- Be proud of what they do
- Believe in themselves
- Feel accepted for who they are