Meditation for Children
Teaching children of any age or ability including ASD and ADHD, the fundamentals of meditation and mindfulness skills. We use a variety of fun, tactile and sensory activities including. movement (walking, yoga, dance) sound (music, bells, chimes) colour, the breath, visualisation and relaxation.
Learning these simple techniques can bring many physical, mental and emotional benefits to children and young people;
- As their stress levels reduce, not only in the body but also in the brain, they are able to process the information they receive more easily, this can lead to an improvement in focus, concentration and learning.
- When children learn how to accept, process and release emotions in a more mindful way, they develop emotional intelligence and resilience, this is a great life skill to have when faced with challenges in life.
- Developing a regular meditation and mindfulness practice can help your child to benefit from longer and improved sleep patterns, helping their mind and body to rest, recharge and be ready for the day ahead.
Contact us if you would like further information on;
Individual 1-1 Sessions
Schools or Organisations
Connected Kids™ Foundation Training
Meditation for Adults
When we meditate we observe, with natural curiosity, the workings of our minds, our sensations, our emotions and of course, our thoughts, remembering to approach these experiences with warmth and kindness, to ourselves and others.
Mindfulness meditation is placing gentle focus upon the breath, a sound, an object or a guided visualization. Some of the many benefits to your health and wellbeing are:
- Become more resilient to challenges in relationships and life
- Develop the ability to focus and avoid procrastination/distraction
- Be less reactive, irritable, triggered
- Accept yourself, accept others and accept things you cannot change
- Reduce feelings of anxiety, stress, and being overwhelmed
- Get greater clarity of mind and perspective in life
- Feel emotionally well, centered, and happy
Just for today, I will live the attitude of gratitude Just for today, I will not worry Just for today, I will not anger, Just for today, I will do my work honestly, Just for today, I will show love and respect for every living thing.
— Dr Mikao Usui
Reiki is a gentle form of healing using 'universal life energy' channeled through the practitioner and drawn in by the recipient. The practitioners hands are placed slightly above the recipient and as there is no pressure on the body, it makes an ideal treatment for all ages and conditions. Reiki balances and heals the mind, body and spirit, bringing a deep sense of peace and relaxation
I am a Usui Reiki Master and have been using Reiki as a part of my own self-healing since 2014.
Reiki treatments are held in a safe, nurturing environment. Reiki healing can also be given over a distance.